If you would like to learn more about working together, please free to get in touch with me at firstname.lastname@example.org
We can then have a free 20 minute video chat so you have a chance to ask questions, we can discuss things, and see if we feel that my approach and style is a good fit for what you need.
Please note that I am not an in-network provider with any insurance companies. Some insurance companies may reimburse you for psychotherapy received with me as an out of network provider. I am happy to provide you with a monthly superbill that you can submit directly to your insurer for reimbursement.
It may be helpful for you to contact your insurance company and ask them the following questions to better understand your coverage and reimbursement before you begin therapy.
- Do I have mental health coverage with out of network providers for psychotherapy received via telehealth?
- Do I have to meet a certain deductible before I am reimbursed? What is my deductible? How much of it have I met this year?
- Do I need prior authorization by an in-network provider or a primary care doctor to receive therapy with an out of network provider?
- Is there a limit on the number of psychotherapy sessions reimbursed per year?
- What is the rate of reimbursement for a 45 minute psychotherapy session, CPT code 90834 provided by an out of network licensed clinical psychologist? Is it a set amount of what is considered a “regular and customary fee” or a percentage of the provider’s fee? If so, what is the percentage?
Good Faith Estimate
Per the new federal No Surprises Act, please find information here p. 3 about your right to receive an estimate of your expected healthcare costs.